Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm thinking about spring and ordering herbs today. I get herbs from Richters Herb Farm in Goodwood Ontario. They have the biggest selection of all things herbal. We're expanding our herb beds now that we are the proud owners of a hammermill. It's a machine that will chop the herbs for us so we can stop using scissors and giving ourselves carpel tunnel. I'm getting rosemary and lemon verbena and spearmint and some more apothecary roses (because you can never have too many roses). The picture of echinacea was taken by my mom. I scattered lots of echinacea seeds along our driveway in the fall so I'm hoping some of them take. We need lots more of every herb but I'm dividing a bunch of perennials in the spring and that should help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment