Tuesday, February 2, 2010

lavender honey scones

Here's something delicious to do with lavender honey. Actually, you can use any kind of honey for this recipe but lavender honey is just so perfect.

Lavender Honey Scones
3/4 cup butter
4 cups spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
small handful of lavender flowers
honey to drizzle over top

Cut butter into dry ingredients leaving chunks fairly large - size of a grape.
beat eggs into milk and vanilla and stir into dry ingredients and butter.
Stir in lavender flowers.
Make a circle and cut into triangles.
Bake on parchment paper at 350 for 20 min or until golden.
While still hot drizzle lavender honey over scones and sprinkle lavender flowers on top.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These look so good! I want to be that woman! I want to wake up and whip up some fresh scones before heading off to the flower shop. Then, on my way home pick up all the ingredients for a fresh soup and whip that up for dinner. I just need to do it. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty easy to make these but easy to eat a lot of them too! I suggest you make them to take to a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. Those look really tasty. I will definitely give that recipe a go, since we are a scone-loving household (and a honey-loving one too).

    I found your chai lip balm ages ago on a trip to Sand Banks, but just thought to look you up online today... I'm excited to discover that there's a cafe here in Montreal who sells your products. I will certainly have to go see what they've got as I can see from your site that you make all sorts of wonderful things besides that nice balm! Glad I finally looked you up! : )

    ReplyDelete