Thursday, March 11, 2010

egg beeswax candle



I've just made a new candle mold. It's made from a real chicken egg and I'm making a few sizes just for variety. So far I've got this smallish one. All of our candles are made from pure beeswax. It's so lovely and golden - I'm thinking the goose that laid the golden egg. I need to get my hands on a goose egg. I used to have a pet goose named Google but she alas met with an unfortunate end. So, for now we have chicken egg candles and they will be perfect for Easter. I'm trying to find the perfect egg cup to sell them in that will work as candle holders. This wooden one is too flammable. I've also ordered half size egg cartons so we can sell them in sixes. I'll post a photo once I have one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gavin and Bay;
    Just wonderful, what you are doing! I love the egg candles. I had a message on my phone yesterday from someone looking for honey as wedding favours with a customized label. How timely! When I return the call I'll send them to you. The wedding is in June, and I think we'll be out of honey by then. You're artwork is beautiful.
    Take care and bee well,
    Liz Corbett, Twin Sisters Hive & Honey Products

    ReplyDelete